Absolutes

Hazel 1

Hazel is a lovely girl who is very sure of herself. She must live in an inconstant yet very exciting world.

It struck me yesterday that every development she makes allows her to explore her world more. First she began to see, then she began to reach out and touch things, then she began to put everything in her mouth. Soon she’ll start to be more mobile; rolling, crawling and then walking. Then she’ll begin to communicate more effectively… and so on and so forth.

I wonder now if that remains true of us as we get older, I wonder if I keep being able to interact with this world in new and exciting ways. I wonder if I can do it at the pace that Hazel can. Maybe there’s just something special about her youth, or maybe I can learn something new this week.Hazel frame

No comments: